| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Yocto host version

rmemory , 03-09-2018, 12:33 PM
In the first lesson in the Yocto series, at around the 10:40 mark of the video, Robert mentions it is very important to use exactly Ubuntu 14.04 in this case instead of a newer version of Ubuntu such as 16.04, etc (note that I followed his instructions in the video and installed 14.04 and it is currently running successfully in a virtual machine). My question is, how (where) to find the information from the chip manufacturer which tells us which version of the OS and tools to use? This is both a specific question for the OpenRex and NXP, but also a more general question. For example, what if were to try and create a port of Yocto to the 1 bitsy (https://1bitsy.org), or some other board?

On a related topic, I am likewise wondering how the instructions found on the following URL might need to change for boards different from OpenRex.

Prepare a host computer 1) Download Ubuntu 14.04 Image from here > 2) Install it into Vmware Player (Create a New Virtual Machine -> Install disc image file).
robertferanec , 03-10-2018, 01:00 PM
I think, in the course I mentioned where I found the documentation (maybe by the end of the first lesson ?). They keep moving the links, but you always will need to ask the chip manufacturer or try to find it on the chip manufacturer website. Sometimes it is not so easy to find it.

Same applies for the commands on the page - I have got everything from the documentation.

Let me know when you find the document.

PS: Also check the documents attached to the lessons (scroll down and check the Links & Downloads)
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?