| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Yocto KConfig

rmemory , 03-12-2018, 09:26 PM
I just completed the 2nd video in the course. My apologies if my question here will be covered in a later video.

I am wondering if there might be a more detailed explanation of the changes made for OpenRex related to the "board" files updated and created in the 2nd video. For example, can you point me at documentation which explains in more detail the operation of KConfig, KBuild, and the meaning of the fields listed here (such as syntax,semantics, what other fields might exist, etc). I suspect these are documented in detail somewhere, and I am looking for the best resource. I will likely be porting a board which does not have a starting like the mx6sabresd Thanks.

arch/arm/cpu/armv7/mx6/Kconfig:
Code:
+config TARGET_MX6OPENREX+    bool "mx6openrex"+    select SUPPORT_SPL+    select DM+    select DM_THERMAL+source "board/freescale/mx6openrx/Kconfig"
board/fedevel/mx6openrex/Kconfig
Code:
+if TARGET_MX6OPENREX++config SYS_BOARD+    default "mx6openrex"++config SYS_VENDOR+    default "fedevel"++config SYS_CONFIG_NAME+    default "mx6openrex"++endif
robertferanec , 03-14-2018, 08:26 AM
I have not search for that kind of documents. Usually I try to follow what is already there or I check configuration files of different boards ... I didn't help you much with my answer
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?