| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

made new imx6 module, how to test if it works?

avion , 02-19-2019, 05:38 AM
Hello @robertferanec

I bought the baseboard from voipac and got the imx6 rex module produced using my own drawing. the power and user led goes on and the PMIC seems to be working. I tried to connect using micro usb cable to pc in order to see HID compliant device in managers but ıt does not show up. I tried JP2 for serial downloader both shorted and open and no difference. How can ı check if my board is faulty or working ?
robertferanec , 02-20-2019, 12:15 AM
got the imx6 rex module produced using my own drawing ... PMIC seems to be working
- I am not sure what you mean. Did you manufacture iMX6Rex module by yourself or you redesigned it?
avion , 02-20-2019, 12:18 AM
I did the same design via your design course and had it manufactured and populated to see if ı could get it working. I think ı had no luck and something is wrong. my voltages all seem to be okay but ı dont see the oscillator frequencies with my oscilloscope. I dont see HID compliant device on pc when ı connect the baseboard + rex module to my pc either.
robertferanec , 02-20-2019, 12:46 AM
Have a look here, this may help you: https://www.fedevel.com/welldoneblog...board-to-life/

PS: Also, just would like to note, that the iMX6Rex module license is free for non-commercial use only. So you can build it for yourself, but if you would like to sell it, please let me know.
avion , 02-20-2019, 01:12 AM
its only non-commercial use. power rails are ok. soc and crystals are not working. would this indicate bad processor ? how else can I check if my processor is not faulty using the baseboard or imx6 rex module.
Paul van Avesaath , 02-21-2019, 02:04 AM
did you check the orientation of you crystals?
avion , 02-24-2019, 10:56 PM
which crystals are you referring to? Arent all the cyrstals on the IMX6 rex all two pins and have no orientation?
avion , 02-25-2019, 05:09 AM
Im able to measure the crystals after some careful tests. I do not get HID compliant device popping up on the pc at all though. this makes me think that my rex module is not working. I compiled openrex uboot to sdcard and tried it on a working module and I was able to see the uboot on terminal. I tried this sd card with my imx6 rex module but I wasnt able to see anything on the rs232 port either through my oscilloscope or pc terminal putty. Is it safe to call my pcb board design is a fail?
robertferanec , 02-25-2019, 11:31 AM
It is very hard to say what the problem is. The module just should work. There is not really much stuff on the module.
avion , 02-26-2019, 05:37 AM
Im still on the quest of debugging the card

Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?