| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Trackball vs Mouse

claudiostazzone , 07-31-2019, 05:18 PM
HI to you All,
as a very very very beginner I would like to share a question that came into my mind...
In order to preserve your wrist, do you think a trackball is more suitable than a traditional mouse, while designing both schematic and PCB layout?
What do you use for your everyday work as an electronics designer?
If you use the trackball, are you managing to be precise like a traditional mouse? For example when you do route tracing or placing components?

Thanks a lot for your sharing!

Cheers
Claudio
robertferanec , 08-02-2019, 02:02 AM
Some time ago I made a video about it, there are also some good comments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW7tH5Mg1LQ

PS: I would like to know if I would like to use trackball, however I have never really decided to invest money to buy a trackball just to see if I like it or not. So, I keep using mouse (I have been using Logitech M705 for a very long time: https://www.logitech.com/en-us/produ...hon-mouse-m705 )
claudiostazzone , 08-05-2019, 06:11 AM
Thank you very much Robert! I didn't notice the Tip... Also the comments of the viewers are very useful...

Thanks again and... good luck for the Altium Live Summit!

Claudio
robertferanec , 08-05-2019, 09:01 AM
Thank you Claudio
mnpebm , 08-06-2019, 07:29 AM
Same here with the M705. Great mouse. I use a Space Navigator when doing 3D.
Paul van Avesaath , 08-07-2019, 07:26 AM
I have been using a Gaming mouse (logitec G700) for a long time now, the added buttons really help with layout.. also a space navigator is really helpfull.. I tryed using a G13 and it works but is really something you need to get use too.. changing scroll rate / pan and zoom rate and overal mouse sentivity really helps in not getting RSI and getting a giant mouse pad for all your keyboards and mouse is something i personally cant live without..(like 55x100cm)
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?