No announcement yet.

4 layer PCB cost reduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the reassurance! 1mm sounds perfect for me But this also depends on the solder mask expansion and they do not mention any minimum requirement about it. I've put 2mils for solder mask expansion and 1mm for the minimum solder mask sliver in the Rules and when I run the DRC, a warning in minimum solder mask sliver appears . Because simply, the 1mm rule is not respeced (distance lower than 1mm) due to close pads (0.5mm) . If I reduce the solder mask expansion, this warning should go away but I am worried about their capabilities. I contacted their support and am waiting for a reply.

Comment

I use 0.1mm minimum sliver, no 1mm.

Comment

Yes I meant 0.1mm .
        I just received a mail from JLC and said the expansion should be a minimum of 0.18mm and as for the minimum sliver, they said they can do a minimum of 0.2mm for green solder mask. Looking at the photos you sent (which are great), I think they just recommend a 0.2mm for maximum assurance. Even so, with a 0.18mm expansion rule, a 0.1mm solder mask between pads will be reduced even more. I guess I will have to switch to allpcb or pcbway.

Comment

Working...
        X