| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Help to build a portfolio on the right way

lucastor4 , 07-09-2020, 12:36 PM
Hi Guys how are you?
Im just finalize the course "make your own boards" and did some prototypes by myself. I started to trying get jobs as freelancer but I have no succeed yet.
I started to think that a good way to succeed on that would be create a portfolio where the costumer can look and going to contact me.
Anyone has the same experience? How start a good portfolio on the right way and how to show in proper way?
thank you guys!
PS: Im going to Advanced PCB design course now! Thank you Robert for awesome courses.
Paul van Avesaath , 07-09-2020, 03:31 PM
a good portfolio is a must when starting. but keep it simple in the beginning.. a word document is fine, but when you have some clients ask them to write a small reference you can include with each project. in your word document you can start with your own introduction who you are and what you did for courses / school etc. etc. also include hobbies of interest. just like a C.V. then take pictures of the projects and write a small story about the project who it was for and how it was used. inlcude time spent (or an estimate) but dont go into too much detial just as a reference.. the more you do the faster you get. so sometimes go back and update .. use a few pictures of the altium design. and if you have pictures of the end product in real life include those as well.

hope this helps
robertferanec , 07-13-2020, 07:39 AM
I use google sites - it is very simple to setup. I have not updated my portfolio for a very long time, but here you can get an idea how I did it:
Page not found. You have landed in the wrong place. You will not find FEDEVEL educational courses on this page.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?