| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Projects are locked after moved to anpther location

Operafan , 08-05-2020, 01:55 AM
Hello,
I would appreciate any hints about the following issue I encounter:
- I moved all my projects to a new folder created under Documents (Win10)
- I also renamed the default workspace to MyProjects.DsnWrk

Now when I am adding any of the projects under this workspace by getting these from their new location, the projects seems to be locked (green lock icon).
Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance!
robertferanec , 08-07-2020, 04:32 AM
I have never seen this.

PS: When you are moving a project, some people suggest to use Project -> Project Packager: https://www.altium.com/documentation...d?version=19.0 However, normally I just move it and usually I do not have any big problems with it.
Operafan , 08-07-2020, 07:07 AM
Thanks Robert!
Interesting ...just copied from the User Interface the icon..have you ever senn such "lock" icon ?
robertferanec , 08-07-2020, 07:17 AM
I have not. But ... are you using a versioning system? Possibly, check Altium preferences - there is an option in Altium to enable file locking, maybe you have it enabled? PS: some software use special files like .lck which when you delete them, it will unlock them ... maybe have a look into the project directory?
Operafan , 08-07-2020, 07:43 AM
Ok, many thanks for the hints Robert. I managed with your help to understand the issue. It is due to a setting under "Data management" called "File Locking" which is meant in a classical sense to prevent "lost updates" in the presence of multiple Altium instances! So when enabled, the file will show as "green locked=updatable" ffor/in the instance that first opend it. When a second, third, etc...instance it started and opens the same file it looks like "red locked=not updatable":
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?