| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

220VAC to 5VDC

Mahsheed , 08-19-2020, 12:49 AM
Hi,

I was designing a circuitry in which I need to convert 220VAC to 12-5VDC for my signal circuitry and to ON/OFF the relay. I first chose SR086 as it was simple to implement (without transformer), but it turned out that the output current of SR086 is only 100mA. I need output current of around 400mA. Can anyone suggest me any good solution for that? I do not want to use the transformer as it would require a lot of space on my board. Thanks in advance.
robertferanec , 08-24-2020, 04:29 AM
I do not have experience with designing 220V devices, so I can't really help much. Maybe someone else can help?

PS: We always try to use an existing power adapter as it makes certification a lot easier.
Mahsheed , 08-24-2020, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by robertferanec
I do not have experience with designing 220V devices, so I can't really help much. Maybe someone else can help?
Yes, I am waiting for someone to response on this.

Originally posted by robertferanec
PS: We always try to use an existing power adapter as it makes certification a lot easier.
May be I can use a block (220VAC to 12 VDC ) that can be fitted on PCB, if you recommend any. But, using an external adapter does not fit in my case :/

Lakshmi , 08-24-2020, 06:17 AM
Hi,
You can check these modules: HLK-PM12 Power module

qdrives , 08-24-2020, 12:27 PM
Do note that mains supply has strict regulations to follow. Generally there is at least 3 or 6mm clearance required. 3mm for class I and 6mm for class II (double isolation). UL has other limits then EU. Either way, it will require a lot of space for this.
Mahsheed , 08-26-2020, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by qdrives
Do note that mains supply has strict regulations to follow. Generally there is at least 3 or 6mm clearance required. 3mm for class I and 6mm for class II (double isolation). UL has other limits then EU. Either way, it will require a lot of space for this.

But do you know any design that I can implement myself on pcb for conversion of 220VAC to 12VDC?
qdrives , 08-26-2020, 11:02 AM
No, the only things I had done were with transformer or use of approved supplies.
But I do know ST has some components for it: https://www.st.com/en/applications/p...onverters.html
or check Power Integrations
https://ac-dc.power.com/
Mahsheed , 10-06-2020, 04:20 AM
Ok. Thank you so much.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?