| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

6 Layer Layout VIA Using Problem

FurkanDursun , 08-23-2020, 06:21 PM
Hello Dear Fedevel Family,

I have 6 layer PCB design which includes a lot of interfaces. When I want to use via in my layout, via automatically jump from layer 1 to layer 4. I can't use layer 2 and layer 3. I don't want to use buried and blind VIAs because of price and time. If are there any options, can anyone explain me? I don't know why I don't use layer 2 and layer 3 exactly. Does anyone know why I couldn't use layer 2 and 3?
My stackup and example screen shoot will attach bellow.

@Lakshmi
@robertferanec
@Paul van Avesaath

robertferanec , 08-24-2020, 08:45 AM
It means 1 to 6. You can use any layer between 1 and 6 (including 1 and 6).
FurkanDursun , 08-25-2020, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by robertferanec
It means 1 to 6. You can use any layer between 1 and 6 (including 1 and 6).
Thank you, Robert, but my question was about " layer 2 and layer 3". I could not use these layers. I checked my rules, my rules are wouldn't allow me routing on layer 2 and layer 3. I don't know why, but I changed rules and now I can use these layers. Do you know why these layers were not let me? Why did rule set as not checked?

robertferanec , 08-28-2020, 05:02 AM
Interesting. I have never used these rules and I have never seen anything to change them. I am not sure what happen in your case. But, you solved it and that is great!
shaik , 08-30-2020, 02:58 PM
This happen for any of the two reasons
1. when layers are defined as planes, then you can't rout on these layers. (check stack-up and define as layers)
2. Check all layers are selected for routing in design rules

Thanks...
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?