| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

220v ac to 5v dc

karimoviç , 01-25-2021, 01:13 PM
Hello , now it's my first time to work in pcb board that shouls be supplied by 220V AC directly . than the board have second part that have a MCU and some low power component , so i should have 5V in my board . can someone help me how i get the 5v DC from the 220V AC (without using a transformer) ?? i
ideally i want a recommanded circuit or component that can convert 220V AC into 5V DC .
robertferanec , 02-01-2021, 02:11 AM
I have never done that, so I can't really help. In this situation we always buy adapters.

Maybe someone else can help?
qdrives , 02-05-2021, 04:08 PM
Protection requirements?
Current consumption?
Efficiency?
kazemiy974 , 02-26-2021, 09:49 AM
Hello, you can use Pi Expert software for design your power supply,TI site also has an online power designer , but in similar cases I usually use HI-LINK board mounted Adaptors,you can see a sample of this module in link below:
Get 3.3V 5V or 12V from AC for Arduino or Raspberry Pi or other purposes. See wiring and test results. Watch 5A 50V Converter with WiFi App Control WZ5005 : ...
chitransh92 , 03-07-2021, 11:35 AM
karimoviç ,
You can do this..
There are times when the off the shelf power supplies are not good enough and it is better to create a rectifier circuit with several protection schemes (Depending on you spec)

Simply putting..
- Input protection and filter circuitry
- You can use a rectifier of appropriate capacity.
- Use a DC DC converter (Isolated or Non isolated)
There are several methods for this as indicated by @kazemiy974

Thank you.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?