| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Net Label

SpikeHawk , 03-16-2021, 05:14 PM
Hello everyone,

in order to create a more readable schematic with less amount of wire interconnects I am using net label. Although, I would like to ask if this could potentially create an issue on where the pin is connected to the corresponding circuitry. In the attached image you will find an example of my schematic where I am using the net label in order to connect the VDD pin of a header to the filtered VDD signal of the microcontroller. Although, by implementing the net label on this particular example does the VDD of the header is connected to the correct place in the filter circuitry?

Thank you in advance,
Andrew Georgousis.
goncaloc , 03-17-2021, 04:33 AM
It should, but you really should use power ports for all your VDD nets. Not only for consistency, but depending on your project configurations your nets can be local or global and power ports are always global.
SpikeHawk , 03-17-2021, 05:35 AM
Thank you great advice, I will take that into consideration. So in this particular example instead of using net label on the filter circuitry I should better use a power port like shown in the attachment file.

Regards,
Andrew.
SpikeHawk , 03-17-2021, 10:51 AM
In continuation from the previous post, I have the same query regarding the CLKOUT and CLKIN signals. I am using net label with the same name on these pins to make the connection. Now since the crystal and the resistor is parallel it doesn't matter on which exactly point on the circuitry the pins will be connected since they have the same net label.
goncaloc , 03-17-2021, 12:07 PM
In this case, yes, you should go with the net labels.
qdrives , 03-18-2021, 10:13 AM
It all depends on your project settings ("Net identifier scope")
Personally, I never use power ports as it does not show direction, nor does it allow for re-use with isolation.
I also do not want ports/entries to name nets, so I always add the net label.

One other small remark - do not use thicker (ie medium) wire for all nets. It makes reading the net label more difficult. Playing (modifying) colors is better if you have difficulty seeing the wires. Ie make the grid lines lighter.

Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?