| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Warning after compilate schematic

Ivan_Mendez , 04-19-2021, 01:00 PM
When I finished I followed indications of this course (Altium essentials) and made Project --> Compile (in my case shows validate PCB project) and as a result shows a lot of warnings because of footprint of X component cannot be found (send you a screen capture attached). It is ok? I would like to know to continue without problems.
Ivan_Mendez , 04-20-2021, 12:50 PM
The Screen photo shows what´s happend when I compile the schematic
robertferanec , 04-20-2021, 10:01 PM
I am working on a video which explains how to fix this. Should be out tomorrow.
Siva , 04-21-2021, 03:19 AM
I faced the same issue but I ignored it since we din't create the footprint at that stage. I believe it is ok to proceed or does it have any issue later ?
robertferanec , 04-23-2021, 03:33 AM
Here is the link to my recent video. Let me know if this helped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7GP6NZs0Ok&t=922s
Comments:
Ivan_Mendez, 04-24-2021, 05:00 AM
I followed the indications in the video and I don´t Know why but it doesn´t work in my case. When I validate the project continue displaying warnings about "footprint of X component cannot be found"
Ivan_Mendez , 04-24-2021, 05:12 AM
I show Screen captures of the steps followed after watch the video. Robert, Any Idea? Thanks
robertferanec , 04-24-2021, 05:42 AM
Do you have footprints correctly linked to your symbols? It should work if everything is set correctly.
Comments:
Ivan_Mendez, 04-24-2021, 07:35 AM
I start with Altium essentials course and lesson 1 and 2. At the finished on the lesson 2, I did the indication to validate project. I don´t remember have linked footprints to my simbols in fact I currently doing lesson 3 when we are creating the footprints. Could be the problem?
robertferanec , 04-24-2021, 11:01 AM
I don´t remember have linked footprints to my simbols in fact I currently doing lesson 3 when we are creating the footprints. Could be the problem?
ah, yes, that could be the reason why you see the warning.
Ivan_Mendez , 04-24-2021, 12:57 PM
Perfect. I have just Finished lesson three and The problem was fixed when I complete de footprints in this lesson. But I had a new little problem that I don´t Know to fix. When I was taking measures on the last footprint (capacitor C1210) I went to go back and clean the measures and I didn´t press Shif+C. I don´t Know what wrong keys combination I pressed and I can´t see de footprint screen as the beginning (I Can´t see pads staying on top overlay layer and I could before press the wrong keys combination). Here I show a Sreen capture what I can see now. How can I fix this? Thanks
Comments:
Ivan_Mendez, 04-24-2021, 05:07 PM
I Managed to Fix It. Pressed Ctrl+D (view configuration) and then I selected "Altium transparent 2D" into Configuration.
robertferanec , 04-26-2021, 01:55 AM
PS: This looks to me, like you pressed SHIFT+S ... try to press SHIFT+S multiple time. It cycles between different views.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?