| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Learning home photofabrication of 2 layer boards

rajat_jain_785 , 05-17-2021, 08:51 AM
Hello,

I am interested to learn photofabrication based PCB manufacture of 2 layer boards.
Is there any course (paid or unpaid) or good youtube (or otherwise) tutorial on the same.
Any fabrication kit that you can suggest to get started will also be very helpful.

Thank you
qdrives , 05-20-2021, 09:16 AM
robertferanec , 05-24-2021, 01:39 AM
@rajat_jain_785

First, I would like to say, these days, purchasing PCBs from services like jlcpcb.com or pcbway.com can be a better option than trying to make the PCBs at home. You may spend a lot of time making PCB at home and they will never be as good as when you buy them. And, purchasing PCBs is cheap now.

I have only done 1 layer PCBs in our office (and home). I have seen number of videos on youtube, but basically what we did, we purchased PCBs with photo sensitive layer already applied. Then we printed the motive on a transparent foil (standard laser printer + standard transparent foils which can be easily purchased). Then we used UV lamp (someone brought it from home) to transfer the motive to the PCB. We developed the motive and etched. It sounds simple, but it doesn't always work well and you may end up with some wasted PCBs.

I believe, you can purchase the whole kit, e.g. like this: https://www.amazon.com/PCB-Etching-K.../dp/B00DIF2C8M but I do not know if you really need it.

Paul van Avesaath , 05-27-2021, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by robertferanec
@rajat_jain_785

First, I would like to say, these days, purchasing PCBs from services like jlcpcb.com or pcbway.com can be a better option than trying to make the PCBs at home. You may spend a lot of time making PCB at home and they will never be as good as when you buy them. And, purchasing PCBs is cheap now.
it is fun though to make it yourself.. but its not that easy and is very messy..
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?