| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Fedevel Academy Courses

colhany , 01-27-2022, 12:10 PM
Hello everyone
This question is intended for Mr Robert or anyone who took his courses.
I have already taken the Altium designer course on udemy, and planning to take the more advanced courses on Fedevel Academy in the future (I'm saving for them).
My question is, are the courses enough to prepare me for an actual job in hardware design? I'm talking about the Advanced hardware design and Advanced PCB Layout courses.
I know that it depends on my, of course, not just the courses, but I'm talking about the material, is it really enough to prepare me for a job (even an entry level one) or are they just a beginning? And can I just take the courses now (in the proposed order) or do I need to have any prerequisites before them? I'm already an ECE student but I'm not really in good standing when it comes to electronics and circuits analysis for example, that's why I'm asking.
Thank you all in advance, and have a nice day
robertferanec , 02-08-2022, 02:08 AM
- No, you don't need to know schematic design.
- We don't have general courses which would cover schematic / circuit design, but Learn to design your own boards and Learn Altium essentials do cover some tips to create simple microcontroller or switching power supply circuit.
Comments:
colhany, 02-08-2022, 03:18 AM
Thank you very much
robertferanec , 01-28-2022, 07:58 AM
I created the Advanced courses to help the transition between a junior engineer to a professional and senior engineer. So, it could help you.
Comments:
colhany, 01-30-2022, 01:46 PM
Does it cover schematic and electronic parts or just PCB layout?
robertferanec , 02-07-2022, 08:52 AM
@colhany our Advanced Hardware Course covers also schematic drawing (e.g. how to name pages, what to put there, how to create symbols and footprints etc), but not schematic design (not explaining how to design circuits, how they work, etc).
Comments:
colhany, 02-07-2022, 12:35 PM
Thank you The question is, do I have to know schematic design before I take the course? And do you have a course which cover this too?
robertferanec , 02-08-2022, 02:08 AM
- No, you don't need to know schematic design.
- We don't have general courses which would cover schematic / circuit design, but Learn to design your own boards and Learn Altium essentials do cover some tips to create simple microcontroller or switching power supply circuit.
Comments:
colhany, 02-08-2022, 03:18 AM
Thank you very much
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?