| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Advice on electronic design

Muhammad Hama , 06-04-2023, 02:43 AM
I am an electronics enthusiast, I have a solid understanding of various electronic components and their functionality. However, I struggle with the process of effectively combining these components to create a robust system.
I am writing to request for guidance in finding learning resources that can help me overcome this challenge. I am specifically interested in materials that cover the practical aspects of combining components to create a processor from scratch, similar to the process involved in developing an Arduino.
Any recommendations , such as books, online courses, tutorials, or specific websites, would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration. ​
qdrives , 06-04-2023, 01:25 PM
to create a processor from scratch, similar to the process involved in developing an Arduino
An Arduino "uses" a microcontroller. That is something completely different than "create a processor".

So are you looking for general basic "how to design electronics" or advanced topics like "how to design a microprocessor"?
Muhammad Hama , 06-04-2023, 01:57 PM
I am working on processors.
robertferanec , 06-05-2023, 04:39 AM
I am also not sure what the question is and what "I am working on processors" means. Please could you be more specific?

Usually:
- A microcontroller is a chip which can run itself
- Processor often needs other chips around e.g. memories

If you are not sure how to start, usually you find a reference board which is very close to what you need and you just remove or add the few things which are different. That is the most safe way to do it and this way you will also learn how everything connects together.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?