| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

DRC related error and DRC settings.

Poo , 09-15-2015, 04:36 AM
While running DRC I got error massage as

" Access violation at address 2578938B in module 'ADVPCB.DLL'. Read of address 000001C8 at 2578938B.

Exception Occurred In
DesignRuleCheck

Suggestions please.
robertferanec , 09-15-2015, 04:38 AM
I would try to switch off and on Altium. That sometimes helps.
Poo , 09-15-2015, 05:08 AM
Yes its working ...Thanks....but I hope its not a big issue ...well, if possible can you plz suggest me about DRC violation Display correct setting( as its highlighting all the component rather it should highlight only DRC affected component , is there any prerequisite setting for it as its not working properly?) and any video which shows actual routing of complex board with DRC evaluation.(Last suggested video has a very little routing). Thanks In Advance..
robertferanec , 09-16-2015, 12:47 AM
Altium is "famous" for crashing. There are some certain situations or configurations which will consistently crash. Usually restarting Altium helps, if not, you need to find a different way to do the thing which cause crashing.

I do not have preferred DRC settings, as I sometimes change them during design process (e.g. enabling/disabling "Un-Routed Net"). Normally I do not use things like "Testpoint" or "Signal Integrity", but the other rules are usually checked.

When working with DRC, I recommend to use PCB Rules and Violation window (go to your PCB, go to the bottom right corner, click on PCB -> PCB Rules and Violations). Browse through the Rules, double click on Violation and try "Jump" & "Highlight" buttons. See the attached screenshot.

Comments:
Poo, 09-16-2015, 07:42 AM
Ok...Thanks again.
Serpil , 01-09-2018, 10:21 PM
Hello , I have same problem but it's related to Doviashielding. In circuit there is no polygon but it gives this error
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?