| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Manufacturers requirement related to blind and bury via.

Poo , 09-24-2015, 02:02 AM
Hi,

1) I have sent Gerber files and NC drill files to manufacturers but as my 4 layer board contains blind via from layer 1 to layer 2 and layer 1 to layer 3 , buried via from layer 2 to l3, manufacturer's Query is as.. Description about the blind and bury holes (hole structure for this board). Dose the blind and bury holes for 1 stage or 2 stage?

Can anybody help me, which file should I Provide them?

2) Which layer stands for Board dimension in Altium, is it mechanical 1 ? And Do we need to add this in gerber file configuration?
robertferanec , 09-24-2015, 02:25 AM
@Poo, maybe try to discuss it with your PCB manufacturer. They should be able to answer your questions and explain what exactly they need. It is quite unusual to make 4 layer PCB with blind and buried VIAs.

For board dimensions you can use any Altium mechanical layer. Just don't forget to export it when you will be generating manufacturing data (check the layer in gerber JOB file).
Comments:
Poo, 09-24-2015, 03:02 AM
Ok...well, 1) Is there any problem in using blind and buried via in 4 layer board? As you are saying it is unusual.2) The vias under BGA should be covered with solder mask, for that in Altium , PCB Inspector window which option should we enable, Solder mask Override or Solder mask Tenting?
robertferanec , 09-24-2015, 03:33 AM
1) By unusual I mean, that if we normally use 4 layer PCB it's because we need something very cheap. Blind and buried VIAs makes the PCB more expensive.
2) You can use both methods. I used to use Override, now I normally use Tenting.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?