| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

PCB manufacturer STACKUP documents

nicola67761 , 08-24-2016, 01:56 AM
hi All
I have 2 question about Lession 3 and 4 of Advance PCB Laytout.
1 - If i ask a stackUP document from PCB manufacturer, what i have to send them about information?
So, how they can generate that document?
2 - About data ram signal, i thinked to route every data block without matching length.
In second time, redraw every tracks with the same length of too longer track found, is correct?
Thanks
mairomaster , 08-24-2016, 07:01 AM
1. The more information, the better. Things to consider:

- General information about the board.
- Layer count.
- Type of the different layers - signal, power, planes.
- For the signal layers, do you have controlled impedance signals on a particular layer and what is the impedance supposed to be. You might have a few different impedances on a single layer as well - for example single ended 50 ohm, differential 100 ohm, differential 90 ohm, etc.
- What types of vias do you need - do you need blind/buried/micro vias and between which layers.
- Estimation of what constrains you need - track width/gap on particular layers, via sized, etc. Of course the final track geometry will be provided with the manufacturer's stack.
- Anything else that could be useful.

2. This strategy sounds alright to me.
robertferanec , 08-24-2016, 06:05 PM
Hello @nicola67761.

1) This may help you: How to design PCB stackup

2) yes, this is one of the ways how you can do it. Many times I do it the way, the I found the shortest track one and I try to make it as long as the longest is. If that is not possible, I do it as long as possible and find another shortest track. I repeat this until all the tracks are the same length.
nicola67761 , 08-27-2016, 03:34 AM
thank you very much, maiormaster and Robert
i will try to do this with my pcb manufacturer.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?