| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Importing .dxf file to Altium

mehmetkazakli , 01-03-2017, 07:05 AM
Hi everybody,
I am in trouble with importing .dxf to Altium. When i import my logos into Altium, something went wrong. Here is some photos. I think Altium default page is not as wide as AutoCAD. Is there anybody out there that can help me on this issue ?
robertferanec , 01-04-2017, 06:35 PM
I do not have experience with importing DXF, but you can simply copy and paste images into Altium. Normally I do it through Microsoft word. This means, create the black and white logo (large, so the resolution is good), copy it into Microsoft Word, then use CTRL+C, go to Altium and use CTRL+V. If you need to resize the imported picture, try right click on the logo -> Unions -> Resize Union

Comments:
milos.stankovic, 09-08-2023, 02:35 PM
That does not work in AD20. Importing DXF creates problems when the image is somehow imported outside the board outline. It goes somewhere and you cannot find where it is. You have to play with the Import from AutoCAD dialog box and change coordinates Locate AutoCAD (0,0) at.....I don't know why I cannot attach screenshots.
mehmetkazakli , 01-11-2017, 02:50 AM
ohh thank you. But if someone who had this experience before can express what i should do, it will be more useful for me.
sneha.xeye , 02-15-2017, 03:40 AM
@mehmetkazakli you can choose File>>import>>DXF>>open then select appropriate scale & if it doesn't fit in your board then you can try this: View>>Board Plannig Mode, Design>> Redefine Board shape strach the board to a bigger size & then again follow the DXF importing step.. may be this will help.
milos.stankovic , 09-08-2023, 02:45 PM
That does not work in AD20. Importing DXF creates problems when the image is somehow imported outside the board outline. It goes somewhere and you cannot find where it is. You have to play with the Import from AutoCAD dialog box and change coordinates Locate AutoCAD (0,0) at.....I don't know why I cannot attach screenshots.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?