| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

duplicate component designator

zpedro , 08-17-2017, 12:34 AM
Hello Guys,
I'm with annoying problem with false duplicate "component designator", but in reality they have different names. As the project has many similar circuits I've copy all schematic page and change sheet name, components name and nets. When I try compile or recompile the project many error appear saying that are duplicated component designators. I already tried "reset duplicated schematic designators" and after "annotate schematics quietly", but with out success, these errors precist.
Probably I need to set some config or do some procedure, that I've dont tried yet. Attached I send a print of some errors.
Someone already had this problem before? Any suggestion?
Many many Thanks!
mairomaster , 08-17-2017, 02:00 AM
First open the Item Manager or the Footprint Manager, order the components by designator and manually make sure you don't have repeating designators. Quiet annotation is not the best one - you should be doing the standard one. It generates ECO for you which allows you to take a look at the changes before applying them. Sometimes it helps to restart altium and to do Re-compile project after that.
Comments:
zpedro, 08-17-2017, 02:42 PM
Hi Mairo, It's solved thanks for the help!
oscargomezf , 08-17-2017, 04:52 AM
Try to reset the ID of the components involved.

Comments:
zpedro, 08-17-2017, 02:43 PM
Hi Oscar, I've done that before the my post...The problem it's solved. Thanks!
alferdvidal , 08-20-2017, 08:54 AM
Hi,Dear
Errors have to be solved one by one and fixed. If we approve the errors, we accept the errors but not resolved. Therefore, we must fix the errors one by oneØŒi hope that i understand the question and answer it.
Regards
Alferd
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?