| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

How to move Menu Buttons on the Tool or Menu Bar

Bryan511 , 11-20-2017, 01:09 PM
I would like to know how to move or edit Menu Buttons in Altium. Please see the attached pics. Currently I have the Variant button and Drop Down Menu in the upper right corner when I am in the schematic tab. When I go the PCB tab the Variant and Drop Down Menu option is more in the center of the Tool Menu Bar. How do I move or change the position of the Variant on the Schematic tab to be in the same place as the PCB tab position?
robertferanec , 11-21-2017, 01:15 PM
You can move the tool bar when you left click and hold on the "bar" (see the red arrow in the picture below). You can also right click on toolbar and "Customize" -> once you see the Customize dialogue box, you can move icons (left click, hold it down and move icon)

mairomaster , 11-22-2017, 06:14 AM
Moving around items on the bars never worked well for me - it often gets reset after restating Altium. From Altium said that it's a known, long standing bug, and it's supposedly going to be fixed in AD18.
robertferanec , 11-22-2017, 05:43 PM
Ah. I never really change it, so I didn't know it will not save

PS: I try to keep Altium settings almost default and customization at minimum as I have to use many different versions of Altium at different computers and keeping all default makes my life easier (the versions look and behave similar .... except the cases when Altium change the defaults )
Bryan511 , 12-13-2017, 10:47 AM
To both of you thank you for the responses. Both were informative.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?