| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Draftsman: Isometric 3D issue.

JShores , 12-07-2017, 08:07 AM
Hey everyone!

I have another question incase anyone has ran into the same issue and able to solve it!

I have taken over some projects done by another individual and I'm using "Draftsman" to populate the assembly drawings. It seems to be pretty clean and has worked pretty well except for a couple little glitches here and there. The issue I have ran into is occasionally a 3D component will not display on an Iso or side profile. All the components that had a "3D" footprint created in the PCB library seem to be showing up, but when I try and manually create a "3D Body" on the PCB it doesn't want to display.

I would also note that I do not have access to the original PCB library used for these projects. I have attempted to save, regenerate the "Iso" image and Updated the board.

I'll attach a couple images to help show and explain the issue.

Thanks for any input!

Josh

JShores , 12-07-2017, 08:09 AM
I just realized I may have posted this in the wrong forum section, I apologize!

This is using Altium 17.1.
robertferanec , 12-07-2017, 12:43 PM
It is placed in right forum, do not worry.

Hmmm, I have tested Draftsman, but I do not use it much. So I can not really help However I tried to show this kind of drawing in PDF - maybe if you have 3D PDF of your PCB you can try to see the edges of component there - just to check if problem is in component or in draftsman: https://www.fedevel.com/welldoneblog...rd-for-manual/
JShores , 12-07-2017, 01:35 PM
Thank you!

Through some trial and error I was able to create a PCB library from the "Make PCB Library" feature, found the component and through process of elimination figured out which layer was being used for the "3D" parts. I then created a "3D Body" where I needed it and it seemed to work fine. I'm not sure why it wouldn't show just creating the 3D body straight on the PCB.

I appreciate the assistance! I love the forum!

Josh
robertferanec , 12-08-2017, 08:36 AM
Thanks for letting us know
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?