| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Main Power Supply

duhone , 01-11-2016, 02:46 PM
I am currently starting part 4 of switching power supply but I am running into a problem. When I pull up the split screens so I can select different components to place on PCB board my main power supply jumps to the bottom of the page and I cant select it or move it from the bottom of the page. Any help is appreciated!
robertferanec , 01-11-2016, 11:06 PM
Hi @duhone, very unusual. Could you double check position of this schematic symbol in your schematic library? Have a look if the middle of the schematic symbol is placed in the middle of the screen (in the centre of the main cross). If not, move it there and update your symbol. Please, let me know if this was the case.
duhone , 01-19-2016, 01:20 PM
I double checked and the main power supply is placed in the center of the screen just like I did with all my other symbols and still nothing.
mairomaster , 01-19-2016, 04:32 PM
Hi duhone,

You can check if the designator and the comment of the component are placed close to the symbol body (the yellow rectangle). If the designator is far above the body for example, you will not be able to move the component higher up on the sheet, since the designator will hit the upper edge of the sheet and no part of the component can go out of the sheet boundaries (including the designator and the comment).
duhone , 02-04-2016, 12:56 PM
Hi @mairomaster Thank you for the help it fixed my problem!
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?