| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Hardware design career guidance

chitransh92 , 05-14-2018, 03:05 AM
Hello,
I am expecting a guidance on below topics. - Books or literature (online or Offline) which I can refer to gain more knowledge in Hardware design.
- Which countries would you suggest for getting job in Hardware design
- As per your experience, If i need to pursue Masters which subject would you recommend so that i can stick to my only goal of Hardware design.

P.S. - These questions might seem pretty naive, however getting something from an experienced professional in my field of interest is the best thing I can get.

Thanks!
mairomaster , 05-15-2018, 02:27 AM
- Nothing specific comes to my mind really, it's a bit of a broad question. I can really recommend Fedevel's courses if you are looking into that sort of content.
- First pick a country which you like and want to live in, then check what is the situation with the industry. To have a happy life is much more important in my opinion.
- From my personal experience (studied in top university in UK), the academia doesn't teach too much about hardware/layout design. It might be a bit better in other countries, I am not sure. You will probably need to learn mostly on your on.
Comments:
chitransh92, 06-09-2018, 02:46 AM
Its been just over 2 years for me in this field and I can now relate to what u said @mariamaster"....need to learn mostly on your own"Thank you!
robertferanec , 05-15-2018, 08:30 AM
What worked for me is to find a job in a company designing the kind of boards what I was interested about (processor boards). That was the best source of learning for me.

I would recommend to find a job in two different companies:
- small one (you will design here a lot of boards)
- and big one (you will learn about proper procedures - how to create manufacturing outputs, documentation, how to do proper testing, ...)

Just reading books may not be enough. Until you find a job, work on your own hobby project. That will help you a lot from many aspects (people see that you are interested in what you are doing, people see, that you can work and solve problems, you are determined to finish jobs, hobby project can help you to connect with other people and find new opportunities, you will get practical experience, ....)

"Which countries would you suggest for getting job in Hardware design"
- an English speaking country worked for me. After 5 years of living in the UK, my next requirement was also a sunny and warm weather, my latest requirements are: English speaking, sunny and warm weather, warm ocean ..... It is really about what you like ...

"As per your experience, If i need to pursue Masters which subject would you recommend so that i can stick to my only goal of Hardware design."
- I am not really sure what you mean, but if you are asking about what topics to pick up at University, in my opinion, it doesn't really matter. No one ever asked me on a job interview about my study at University, more important were projects what I have been working on.

​PS: @mairomaster thank you for recommending our courses
Comments:
chitransh92, 06-09-2018, 02:44 AM
Details and as per expectation.Thanks!
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?