| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Out pad of the corner

Stepan , 08-26-2018, 11:43 PM
Hello!
Plese help me in this qestion.

In Roberts video i have seen, what wire out padstack of the corner.(red wire, red padstack on the screen).

Please, can we show me, where in standart "ipc xxxx" or somewhere else, i can find this information, what it is right.
Information what, i can out pad of the corner.

Best regards Strunkin Stepan.
robertferanec , 08-28-2018, 02:44 AM
You can go out of the pad in the middle if you can not use corner. Cadence Allegro does pad escape automatically correctly. Maybe Altium has similar option, we just need to switch it on (?)

PS: Sometimes I can not follow some recommendations, especially if there is no place on PCB. So if it is not strictly required, I often escape the pads the way Altium suggested. I heard / read that this could be sometimes problem (e.g. when solder is not cooling down same speed on all pads), but we have never had any problems during production.
Stepan , 08-28-2018, 10:18 AM
Hello, Robert! Thank you for answer, and your courses. They very very helped me in my work.
I want to find this information because engineer technologist on my work thinks what its wrong (out padstack of the corner), but he only thinks that, he not sure what it is wrong or, maybe, what it is write.
When routing a small board, sometimes very difficult out pad in the middle.
Maybe You know where i can find this information, and i show her my technologist.

Best Regards!
Strunkin Stepan
robertferanec , 08-29-2018, 08:02 AM
I do not know IPC number for this (if there is one).

I only know that there may be sometimes issues how you connect track to a pad (but I am not sure if there is something specific about not going through PAD corner).

For example try google for "Manhattan effect pcb"

"Although the pad shapes are the same size, the different sized routing may cause the thermal mass of the pads to be different from each other. The wider traces, via, and ground plane will act as a heat sink for the pad that they are connected to. This will cause the pad to take more time to heat up than the pad that has the thinner traces on it. The result of all of this is a reflow timing difference between the two pads that can cause the component to tombstone."
Source: https://coindustrio.com/pcb-design-tombstoning/
Stepan , 08-29-2018, 11:56 AM
OK, i understood. Thank you very mach)))
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?