| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

SMD micro usb connector footprint

Naveen G Bhat , 11-26-2018, 05:41 AM
Dear fourm,
I am facing very serious problem in drawing the SMD micro USB connector footprint in altium,can some help with video tutorial to drawing of micro USB connector footprint in altium,also i am attaching the micro USB data sheet here please help me to learn this.
robertferanec , 11-26-2018, 09:07 AM
What is the exact problem?
I do not have any video specifically about USB micro, but creating footprints is not difficult. Have a look here, maybe this will help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxYbIGV9_CY
Naveen G Bhat , 11-26-2018, 11:42 AM
Dear sir,
Here my problem is in understanding of those dimensions in sketch..
1)They mentioned pitch values for first two mounting holes of USB, and then
2) at what point I need place USB''s first pin, there is no pitch values for left side mounting hole to the number 1 of the USB pin,
3) also they did mentioned y axis values for 2nd row of mounting hole on right side to down side mounting hole,
4)in second row there are four pads, in that there are two in between for those there is no pitch values, how do I calculate pitch values for those two??? What is the pitch values for 2nd row four pads???
I am facing very difficulty in reading those values and calculations for finding exact values... I subscribed your youtube channel and arduino board design in Udemy I completed in Udemy. I learnt a lot in Udemy after watching your tutorial that was extremely good,for beginners like me... Thank you for such good tutorials...
robertferanec , 11-27-2018, 08:43 AM
Thank you @Naveen G Bhat

You need to calculate the missing dimensions. Also, import 3D model - that can help you to verify your footprint.

PS: Possibly you may try to find a different micro USB - with better datasheet.
Paul van Avesaath , 11-28-2018, 07:13 AM
I dont see any missing dimensions?

you can calculate everything from this image.
it might help to think about the centerline as a starting point.
, 12-22-2018, 12:51 AM
You have to compute the missing measurements, likewise, import 3D show that can assist you with verifying your impression

Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?