| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Can't delete selected PCB components as a group.

miner_tom , 11-28-2018, 11:22 AM
Hi to the forum. I'm working through one of Roberts videos, number 7 of the Schematic Design Course. I have a reference board which was fully routed and in the PCBFilter I selected "istrack or isvia or ispoly". After a time, the selections appeared in white. However, I attempted to hit the delete key, as Robert did in the video, and nothing happened. I was able to move the selection away from the PCB and only then was I able to delete what was selected. There should be a way to delete the selection once selected.

Also, design files for the PCB that Robert used in the video, the iMX53 SODIMM module, were not available in the Lesson files. Are these design files available anywhere? I did search Voipac but did not find a routed board.

Thank You
Tom
mairomaster , 11-29-2018, 02:17 AM
I am not sure if that is the problem in your case, but many times when you are working with different panels (filter for example), after you finish i.e. select the components, you need to right click and pan the main PCB area, so that it focuses it. Then you can click delete and it should work. It's a bit annoying but you will get used to it.
Paul van Avesaath , 11-29-2018, 06:11 AM
what mairomaster said!!
I had that a lot in the beginning.. make sure your not left clicking because it wil deselect everything..
robertferanec , 11-29-2018, 11:12 AM
@mairomaster, great point!
@miner_tom the complete project of IMX53 module is not available. Schematic and PCB course was our first one and we had to use third party design. VOIPAC agreed to help us, but we could not use the complete project - so the schematic is not available (we only could use some parts from the module layout). Please let us know if mairomaster's answer helped you.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?