| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

pad specific rule

federico.massimi , 02-18-2019, 12:38 AM
good morning, sorry for my english,
i'm new in altium. I'm working on my first pcb and i've a question.

how can I set specific rule for only some pad ? as an example i have some mosfet and LDO, with a termal pad, i want the my GND poligon connect all smd pad with thermal relief and only this termal pad with a direct connection.
For now my solution is place a FILL around the thermal pad and set the poligon "Pour over all same net object" but i think is a dirty solution, there is a way to create a rule like:
"for polygon: connect all smd with thermal relief except some specific pad" ?

thank you in advance
FM
robertferanec , 02-18-2019, 03:15 AM
What Altium do you use?

In AD19 and higher you can directly select the pad and change thermal connection https://www.altium.com/altium-design...GJaJ8bzNcjArtp

In old Altiums you could for example create a rule between specific net and component (or specific pad), possibly draw a separate polygon around your thermal pad? There may be more options.
federico.massimi , 02-18-2019, 06:35 AM
I use Altium 18
Creating a rule is exactly what i want to do, but i don't know how to specify the pad in the rule. For example, how i can create a query for every pan of pin 3 of DPAK package?
Paul van Avesaath , 02-19-2019, 12:03 AM
you mean like in the picture.. (also in altium 18)
robertferanec , 02-25-2019, 11:25 AM
I am not 100% sure if you can select a pin with specific number in PCB ... hmm, I would say it should be possible - I tried to search for it, but could not find it. Anyone knows?
federico.massimi , 02-26-2019, 12:30 AM
for now i solved overlapping a FILL over the specific pad. waiting for my upgrade to Altium 19.
Thank you.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?