Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robertferanec
    replied
    Maybe have a look also at the TPS65982 chip. I am not sure if that could help (but it will probably add also cost and take some space)

Leave a comment:

• bremenpl
    replied
    Hi Robert, thank you for answer.
    The example you have shown is indeed interesting, but I cannot math it 1:1 not only because as you mentioned it's a different connector, but also I only have 4 layers PCB (I dont route any signals in the GND and power plane). I also think that the amount of VIA's per connection in their USB 2.0 differential pair is not equal.

Leave a comment:

• robertferanec
    replied
    Yeah, USB C layout looks interesting.

Have a look also here: https://e2e.ti.com/support/interface...out-Made-easy#

I know, that your connector is different, but it is interesting to see, how they placed two VIAs on the USB 2.0 signals and how they swapped and connected them.

They also refer to TPS65982 "USB Type-C and USB PD Controller, Power Switch, and High-Speed Multiplexer" - maybe that could be useful: http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tps65982.pdf

Leave a comment:

• Lakshmi
    commented on 's reply
    Okay MCP2221A good option.
    Yea Trace width is sufficient. Good Luck.

• bremenpl
    replied
    The USB IC

Leave a comment:

• bremenpl
    commented on 's reply
    The trace is 13 mils. I dont predict higher currents drawn by this IC than around 20 mA. I have posted the schematics for that IC bellow.

• Lakshmi
    commented on 's reply
    What's Current Consumption ?
    What's trace width? looks like 10 mils
    -Lakshminarayana K N

• bremenpl
    commented on 's reply
    VCC = 3.3V

• Lakshmi
    commented on 's reply
    VCC Voltage value near the USB pins ?
    5V?

• bremenpl
    commented on 's reply
    Ok, thanks for help!

• Lakshmi
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah last one looks good.

• bremenpl
    replied
    Or this?

Leave a comment:

• bremenpl
    commented on 's reply
    Lakshmi, those 2 elements connecting USB0 bus with USB bus are 22R resistors. The length matching is achieved within 0.5 mm error. Could you take a look at the new picture I have posted bellow?

• Lakshmi
    commented on 's reply
    Since it's a Differential Signal you need to maintain the same trace space and length.(length is not achieved)
    USB signal from the IC is going to Common mode choke (if am not wrong and then to the ESD right? ) From the CMC you could trace out from the right side instead from the left side so that you maintain the same trace length.

• bremenpl
    replied
    Is this better for the routing near IC?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X