| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Bed of nails tester using pogo pins

orbitcoms , 10-07-2019, 02:42 PM
Hi,
I am looking for ideas to build a test jig for my PCB's after production. The pogo pins look like the right solution for what I want .

Has anyone worked with these, I am looking for methods of mounting the pins and wiring to them. Can they be soldered directly to a PCB for connection to test signals?
Paul van Avesaath , 10-08-2019, 03:19 AM
Spring Contacts capable of thousands of cycles, available from Harwin. Antenna and Grounding Contacts, Pogo Pins, ATE Test Probes and Contact Pads.

The easiest way is to use the smt versions and just develop you own board with them (you can use your own design testpoints as the reference wich saves time..
make sure that you have enough pressure points from above so your PCB is firmly pushed down onto the test pins.
also make sure you have mouning holes (or Tooling holes) so you can have conical pins to references your design to align it with the test PCB Below

robertferanec , 10-16-2019, 02:33 AM
We used to place the pins into plastic holder (this holder was custom made) .. but a simple PCB can be a better, easier, cheaper and quicker solution. Just not sure how easy / difficult it is to keep the pins pointing straight up when PCB is used to hold them (but maybe it is not a problem).
Paul van Avesaath , 10-16-2019, 05:03 AM
I used to work with a company that we neede to pay 10K for the whit plastic with testpinst.. now they and all other manufacturers we use have gone to the PCB method.. yes there is a bit more risk of damagging pins, but they are easily replaced and if all else fails a new PCB is much much cheaper.. i believe we went from 10K testbed to 2-3K test beds. proper alignment holes are a must in both cases and must be taken into account.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?