| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Medical PCB Project

kulkarnisanket47 , 03-11-2020, 11:49 AM
Any medical standard to follow while making a Medical PCB based on EEG Signal Aquisition and with all necessary interfaces such as Display, CAN or RS232, Keypad. Any resources on how to move forward, any case study link??
robertferanec , 03-12-2020, 09:57 AM
I have no experience in this area, only I know you may be looking into IPC Class 3 (?)

For more info about IPC Class3, you can just google for "IPC Class 3" e.g.:
https://blog.matric.com/ipc-class-de...-3-electronics
  • Class 1 Electronics: General Electronics Products
  • Class 2 Electronics: Dedicated Service Electronics Products
  • Class 3 Electronics: High-Reliability Electronics Products
ibocakir06 , 03-16-2020, 06:45 AM
Hi @kulkarnisanket47,

Your keyword is MDR: Medical Device Regulation
Paul van Avesaath , 03-17-2020, 01:52 AM
it also depends on were you want to use it.. currently working for ITG philips medical, and you do not want to know how big of a system you need to create to fullfill all the regulatory rules. its crazy
best thing to do is ask your local hospital to which rules you would have to comply for you project. I am still learning all the rules but every country has its own set of rules.. and they are allowed to change them without take your concideration into account.. good luck!
kulkarnisanket47 , 03-21-2020, 06:26 AM
I want to build a medical PCB for EEG Signal acquisition and then process the signal for determining different POC results. Can you give me references for EEG systems which will help me to build a robust system? I mean case studies with detailed guide to implement the system. A sample project would be great as a reference. I am currently working in Automotive as firmware developer but I want to move to medical systems and this work will help me to prove my point to change job.
Paul van Avesaath , 05-15-2020, 03:29 AM
Hi, sorry but i do not have those projects, nor that i would be allowed to share those obviously.. making an EEG product is something that has been done a lot.. google is your friend.https://www.instructables.com/id/DIY...d-ECG-Circuit/

making them for real medical use is completly different.. case studies are governt by law to be privat and only accesseble to the ones who are allowed to..
as a philips medicla engineer we are trainend by a lot of people to comply with goverment rules.

Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?