Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMARC vs QSEVEN vs COM EXPRESS

Hi,

If someone wants to design a SoM and want to comply to the standarts Smarc or Qseven or Com Express, is there any comparison table or smt else to specify which is the best form factor?

Where to start when designing a SoM ?

I want to talk about with you about this topic.

The other question is if someone wants to design a SoM based Xilinx ZYNQ-7000 Family, where to route the PL(Logic) signals. In the spesification of 3 form factors I mentioned above, the signals or lanes or peripherals are already dedicated.

Thank you.

Form format: depends where you would like to sell. However it is often also about the space which you need for your chips (size of the board where you can fit all your components) and peripherals you would like to route to the connector (some formats do not have some interfaces). Often you would like to use the smallest size where your circuit will fit. If you are asking which format sells the best ... I do not know.

I am not exactly sure what you mean by the other question, but if you already have some software with some pins assigned, that would be the pin feature what I would use (so you do not risk, that moving the features will not work or will not be possible)

Comment

Actually you are right, the question i a bit different. There is no one true form factor. But I want to know, how can I decide which one we have to prefer.

https://sget.org/standards/smarc/

If you check out this link, the SMARC spesifications are given and the pinout is dedicated. You have to route the interfaces with the dedicated pins.

Comment

I explained how we do it:

1) we select the one which supports our selected CPU architecture (e.g. you can see even the SMARC says: optimized for ARM and x86 architecture processors; may also be used with low power, tablet oriented X86 and RISC devices),

2) then we decide on the smallest size where we can fit all the chips we need to have on the module

3) and then we decide on specific type based on the peripherals we have (so we can take out as many pins as possible).

Comment

Working...
        X