| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Pair-single ended to differential signal converter

Saku , 06-14-2021, 11:52 PM
-
qdrives , 06-18-2021, 12:58 PM
What voltage levels are we talking about?
What are the output impedances of the two single ended signals?
How accurate must it be (voltage across SD2)?
How fast must it be?

XADC1_N is only driven by C99 compared to AGND over the 845 ohm resistor. So, if XADC1_P is a 'DC' signal, XADC1_N is the same as AGND.

If both XADC1V0 and AIN_0 reference ANGD, then the differential signal is simple these two signals. Do note that most 'differential' signals and actually just a pair of single ended signals as they do not reference each other both a common Gnd (plane).
Saku , 06-19-2021, 12:53 AM
Hi, thank you for your response. I think SD2 is a protection. XADC1V0 is an output of a microcontroller at 1v. AIN_0 is your analogic input (for example a NTC). The N and P signals are inputs too of the microcontroller. I can't see how this circuits works.
qdrives , 06-23-2021, 09:07 AM
No, SD2 is drawn like a pair of Schottky diodes.
I also do not see how this circuit works.
Is the differential pair needed for a higher resolution ADC (like on a STM32)? If so, then no it definitely does not work. Use over sampling.
Saku , 06-23-2021, 09:22 AM
Yes, I think that the case. Thank you so much for your time. I was going crazy trying to figure it out. Like you said, is probably wrong.
anovickis , 08-15-2021, 10:27 PM
Here's an example on how to do this:
Kris Lokere - Applications Manager, Signal Chain ProductsDifferential op amps are important building blocks in modern analog and mixed signal circuits. Many ...

I will only add this - if you aren't sure - drop your circuit in p-spice or ltspice, add a stimulus, and plot the output and see what happens.

Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?