| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Question about symbol libraries in 28pins project

goldchan , 07-22-2021, 02:28 PM
I am following the lecture materials.
I understand I am using a different version (21.5.1.) of Altium design from one of the used Altium.
Mostly, I could follow the lecture materials with a new version of Altium.
However, one major difficulty to duplicate the lecture material is that I wasn't able to match the scale of a component for the symbol libraries.
As an example of the attached image, for 1M Register, that I wasn't able to figure out why they look different.
In the lecture, a pin length is set to 10 (old version doesn't show the unit, but I guess it is 10 mil) and I guess the visible grid is 20mil and the snap grid is 10mil as shown in the below picture.

In my environment, I also set the visible grid as 20mil and the snap grid as 10mil.
and I set pin length 10mil, but the relative size of the designator and name of a pin are quite different even If their size is to be the minimum (6).
I wondered what I am missing here. I wasn't able to figure it out. This is not only for the Resistor but also all other symbols, especially AND logic symbol.
Could you point what I missed?
Thank you

robertferanec , 07-26-2021, 01:24 AM
The old Altium's schematic library units are in 10's of mils, this means if the old Altium shows 10 it is 100mils in the new Altium. Hope this helps.

PS: Also this may help: Altium - How to Create Library from Existing Project - Step by Step Tutorial https://youtu.be/zhuHE9b4C_8
goldchan , 07-26-2021, 04:09 PM
Thank you for your clarification.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?