| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

With out load i applied the High voltage(HV). but the HV point gave smoke after two d

Manjunath K , 04-25-2022, 11:27 PM
I design a PCB for photo multiplier tube breeder network for applying high voltage (-2000V DC, current in microamps only). The PCB was made up of FR4 material. With out load i applied the
High voltage(HV). but the HV point gave smoke after two days. So for this type PCB which type material we have to use.
robertferanec , 04-26-2022, 02:03 AM
What clearance/gaps/slots did you use between tracks and electrical objects?
Manjunath K , 04-26-2022, 03:53 AM
Sir here with I have attached the schmatic diagram and PCB design image. please give your suggestion.
robertferanec , 04-26-2022, 04:08 AM
This may help you:
PCB Layout - Useful Calculations Which You Maybe Didn’t Know About (with Kenneth Wood) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJCRrEf_IH8&t=3567s
Manjunath K , 04-26-2022, 04:21 AM
Already i downloaded this software. This gives the current carrying capacity of the tracks. in my PCB only the where i am applying HV, only that point only burned. Tracks doen't have any damage. So this is due to PCB material or current carrying capacity of the PTH is week. Please give you suggestion.
robertferanec , 04-26-2022, 05:12 AM
that software will tell you what distance you need to have between the tracks
qdrives , 04-26-2022, 02:13 PM
2kV on an inner layer already requires 4mm spacing according to IPC 2221 (PCB toolkit).
The outer layers is 5.375mm with solder mask and 10mm without solder mask.
Manjunath K , 08-17-2022, 02:20 AM
Sir I design pcb board using allegro pcb editor while running db doctor I got a message error that line segments cannot overlap. How to solve this problem. Please help me.
robertferanec , 08-18-2022, 08:52 AM
Maybe I would try to find that place and there may be two tracks routed on the top of each other? Maybe, I am not sure I have not seen this kind of error. PS: Please use different topics for new questions it makes it easier for people to find them. Thank you.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?