| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

NET TIE

ganesh.shaga , 06-23-2016, 06:01 AM
i used net tie in one of application. it is showing solder mask and solder paste in Gerber generation even though i make the solder paste and mask expansion to 0 mills.i tried to solve this issue by giving negative solder mask expansion to make it invisible. in the footprint it is not showing but when i browse the edited footprint and generate gerbers still it is showing solder mask and paste how i can resolve this issue.
mairomaster , 06-23-2016, 06:19 AM
You need to use a big enough Negative solder mask expansion and big enough Negative paste mask expansion. You can also use the option Force complete tenting on top/bottom for the particular pads to make them covered with solder mask. Make sure that in the PCB you don't have any rules which over-ride/re-define the expansion values. Also try setting the expansion values manually for the net ties in the PCB again, to see if that fixes the problem. If you go to the Paste and Solder layers and switch to single layer mode, you shouldn't see any paste/solder mask over the net tie footprint.
robertferanec , 06-23-2016, 08:20 AM
I agree with @mairomaster. You may need to use negative value at least as big as is half of the largest (or smallest? ) dimension of the pad.

Expansion 0 means exactly the same shape as the pad is.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?