| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Decoupling Capacitor placement priority

meet , 12-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Hello feranec,
I have a query about placement of De-cap below Processor. As shown in Image-1, if i place those recommended decoupling capacitor first, then i am not able to place the decap, which is shown in image-2, below their pins.

As shown in Image-2, there are too many De-capacitors, which is not possible to place at exactly below the pins. their are big value capacitors are also their. i am not sure this big value capcitor should be exactly which pin.

Can you please explain in more details and could you share snap shot or placement file for this part to understand it better.

robertferanec , 12-06-2016, 03:53 PM
Hello Meet,

try to place the capacitors with the smallest values closest to the CPU pins. Capacitors with higher values can be placed a little bit further.

Do not get scared. It always looks like it is not going to fit and it is very often a lot of work. But it can be done.

If you are not sure how to place them, have a look at the final layout of the iMX6 Rex module ( you can always download the complete Altium data also from our http://www.imx6rex.com/ website). I attached the picture, but this will not help you much. The best is to browse through the Layout and Schematic directly in the Altium project.

meet , 12-06-2016, 09:16 PM
Hello Ferance,
I am glad to your reply as well as your motivation. i will refer the final layout to understand it more.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?