| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

CPU-Power distribution

meet , 01-04-2017, 05:33 AM
Hello Team,

I am trying to understand the layout of lesson 5 for memory module. i was trying to understand the placement of decoupling capacitor.

As shown in attachment, i was not able to find the source for net (+1V2_VDD_ARM_CAP).
all I found is the decoupling capacitor and power plane in layer 7. i am not able to address, where this supply (+1V2_VDD_ARM_CAP) is generated.

Regards
Meet Payak
robertferanec , 01-04-2017, 06:49 PM
This is a very special power. If you have a look inside CPU datasheet, you will find there information about internal regulator. There is no external power source for this net.
meet , 01-04-2017, 09:25 PM
Thanks a lot Ferance for your reply... keep helping to learn the world of High speed design...

Regards
Meet
meet , 08-18-2017, 07:40 AM
Hello Robert,
I am doing lesson 2 with expert option. i m confused to place big value capacitor 22uF, where to place them .. 220nF i was successful to place, but not sure for 22uF. please refer the attachment.
can you please suggest for placement please.
Also i am curious to know, how far we can place small value capacitor or their is priority for signal and relaxed for others.
robertferanec , 08-18-2017, 11:18 AM
If you are not sure, the best way is to have a look at reference designs. You can download Altium projects of our http://www.imx6rex.com/ boards and have a a look at decoupling under BGA.

Basically, you would like to keep the capacitors with smallest values as close as possible to the pins. The bigger caps can be a little bit further - somewhere on the way to the smaller caps.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?