| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Schematic Redesign

sneha.xeye , 02-12-2017, 09:30 PM
Hello,
I want to combine 2 circuit boards design in one board.. but i don't know how to redesign the schematic if we remove the connectors that connects the 2 boards then how can i redesign or modify the schematic that works the same....
I have attached an image in which J2 nd J44 are 2 FFC connectors of 2 different boards ... please let me know how can it can be re design by removing these two connectors
mairomaster , 02-13-2017, 01:50 AM
Your image hasn't been attached successfully.

About the task, it could be as simple as importing the schematics of the first project in the second project and deleting the connectors between the two board - just make sure you have all signals between the boards with the same net labels and you don't have duplicate net labels anywhere else (without the intention being such). It might be a bit more complicated if you use a hierarchical structure for example. You will always need to do some tiding up after that. It will help if the two projects were well laid out, without many errors, warnings etc.
sneha.xeye , 02-13-2017, 02:07 AM

I have attached an image again... it can be understood about connections but i have problem that how can the resistors and power connections can be done between these 2 connectors?
mairomaster , 02-13-2017, 02:35 AM
Are those connectors supposed to plug into each other? I can't see how would this work. Which pin connects to which?
sneha.xeye , 02-13-2017, 02:42 AM
Yes, these connectors plugged into each other... i'm also having problem in understanding how its actually connected.? if you having any idea about this please let me know..
mairomaster , 02-13-2017, 03:52 AM
Usually with matching connectors you have pin 1 connecting to pin 1, pin 2 connecting to pin 2, etc. You also need to make sure that the footprint pin designators are set correctly.
robertferanec , 02-13-2017, 08:54 AM
If you are not sure, maybe buy the same connectors, connect them with cable and BEEP the pins. You will see which pin is connected with which pin. Then, compare it with documentation and you should be able to see what pins you need to connect together in your schematic.
sneha.xeye , 02-13-2017, 09:25 PM
@robertferanec i got the schematic design from manufacturer so i'm sure that there is no doubt in the connections..
robertferanec , 02-14-2017, 02:27 PM
@sneha.xeye I meant to beep the connection when you connect the boards together. If I understood right, you are not sure how to connect the two boards together - which pin of connector on one board is connected to which pin of connector on the other board. Or, do you mean something else?
sneha.xeye , 02-14-2017, 10:33 PM
Thank you @robertferanec continuity test cleared all my doubts...
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?