| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Thermal and Electromagnetic Noise

Oscar , 03-06-2018, 04:22 PM
How can I determine thermal noise on a PCB? That is, not in a theoretical way but in a real situation, what is the correct way to determine it?

How the faraday cage works against electromagnetic noise, how can I know how much my PCB improves with a Faraday cage?

Thanks for help.
robertferanec , 03-07-2018, 09:18 AM
Could you be more specific - provide some screenshots and specific situations?
Oscar , 03-07-2018, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by robertferanec
Could you be more specific - provide some screenshots and specific situations?
Well, I do not really have a screenshot now about the project, but the idea is to build a low noise circuit, with some OP-AMP needed to read biological signals from the legs, then I need to use this information on a computer to analyze it and extract some important data, rigth now I am working only on the analog circuit. However, part of the project's requirements is to determine the thermal noise and also use the Faraday cage to reduce electromagnetic noise. I do not know how to measure the thermal noise in a circuit, I know the theory about it, I know the equations about it, but I do not know how people in real life characterize the thermal noise in their circuits, even I do not know if this is possible. On the other hand, I know that a Faraday cage can help against electromagnetic noise, but I have never done it, so I would like to know the experience of someone who has used them, and correct techniques of how to implement them on a PCB.
robertferanec , 03-08-2018, 08:43 AM
Ah, I understand now. I am not expert for this Maybe someone else on the forum could help?
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?