| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Noise Floor and Noise power

Abhi P Choksi , 10-31-2018, 08:19 AM
I don't know what is noise floor and what is noise power.since my college time i have trouble to understand this terms and noise mainly in
Practical pcb.Cannybody explain practically what is it.Also if I what to measure noise level in my prototype board then how can I do this.
Paul van Avesaath , 11-06-2018, 05:38 AM
for exampl:e noise is sort of the ripple that is on your powersupply voltage output, you can have switching noise. which is caused by enabling and disabling the fet outputs of you beck boost converter... my guess is that noise floor is the level were you can expect trouble.. or better to call it your treshold value..to measure it just use an oscilloscope. if your talking about highspeed switching noise. you are opening a whole new can of worms (figure of speach) but i do not know the context of you problem.. what kind of pcb are you making pwoer supply? and where does the question originate? meaning why are you expecting this problem or who is asking you this..
robertferanec , 11-08-2018, 02:01 AM
I have not really spent much time on signal noise topic (especially on very sensitive signals). I have learned a lot from solving problems and I have never really had much problems with noise, so not really my area
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?