| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

BOM generation issues.

alikhan968 , 02-03-2019, 12:08 PM
Hello sir,
I am generating BOM by watching your videos and following your tips. I linked each component with the supplier and completed all that stuff which you mentioned but when I generate BOM in purchase template only a few columns appear and some shows error and no data in the whole column. I am adding all screenshots below for better understanding. Thanks
Paul van Avesaath , 02-05-2019, 03:31 AM
I think you need to edit your template.. it looks like the headers in there are not the same as you have in Altium.. so if it says in alitum "Manufacturer 1" you template should mimic the exact same name.. if you put in "Manufacturer" it does not know it is the same thing..
alikhan968 , 02-05-2019, 04:32 PM
@Paul van Avesaath Thanks for your reply and you were right. When I edit my template according to each column and rename it. It starts generated an output according to my requirements. Thanks for your help. Can you do me a favor? If you can provide me a template in which total price and everything is generated as a purchase Template. I saw in Sir Robert Video that template which also includes total price and all stuff required to Component buying department.

Paul van Avesaath , 02-06-2019, 12:09 AM
have no clue,

but you at least have to add a column to the template with the name "actual price 1" and maybe 2 if you want multiple verdors/suppliers in there..

what I have done to have a fully calaculated BOM price in your template..

i made a separate section in my BOM Calculation template..see images and have a look..

sorry cant give you mine, because it is company based (removed logo's in this one)
but it's easy enough to make yourself..

you can make the template as simple or massive as you want it to be.. just by adding columns....
you can add partnumbers, order codes, quantity etc.. if you take vendors into account you can filter on it (inside excel) to get your order form style type xlt.

good luck
alikhan968 , 02-06-2019, 05:11 AM
Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. Have a great day.
robertferanec , 02-06-2019, 12:07 PM
This will help you: https://github.com/robertferanec/board-led-youtube
BOM Purchase FEDEVEL Live.xltx should be what you are looking for.
alikhan968 , 02-06-2019, 12:15 PM
I really don't have any words to appreciate your help. There are very few people in the world who help others beyond limits and Sir Robert one of them. Thank you very much, sir.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?