| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

7 electronic products to make and sell

zubianiko , 05-14-2019, 12:35 AM
Hello everyone, I just started and finished my first project in Althuim design and it is fun. i want to go deeper but I want to really know what I am getting myself into. Please can you tell me
7 products that I can design from schematic till real physical product that I will be fun and sellable. I want to motivate myself ! Thanks!!
robertferanec , 05-16-2019, 12:34 AM
Please can you tell me 7 products that I can design from schematic till real physical product that I will be fun and sellable.
- that is very hard question to answer. If someone knew a product idea what would sell, they would be probably already working on that product.

Only what I can recommend (and what I often do) is to design something what will help you and maybe you will find out, that also other people find it useful. The simplest way to come up with ideas is to have a look around ... what product would be helpful for your kids or for your wife or for yourself to make your life easier - something simple, something what you do every single day and it could be done easier. For example I created an app for my daughter to improve her math (the app generates simple counting questions), I also started working on a timer which helps her to measure time when she is working on different activities (e.g. 15 minutes of reading, 20 minutes of playing an instruments, ...), I am designing a gmail addon to help me answer emails, I started working on a page which helps my wife to answer everyday question "What for dinner?" ... I have never planned to sell these - I am designing them for fun and experience and that it helps us with our every day lifes ... I am very aware how hard it would be to sell them and if I would be designing product to sell - and they would not sell, I would be very disappointing and demotivated to work on next projects.

Having a good product is far away from selling it. You can have a great product, if not enough people know that you have it, it is very difficult to sell it. And selling the product can be much harder than creating it (especially if an engineer is trying to sell something). So, if you are doing this as a side job or a hobby project, you should be designing it for fun, experience and usefulness.

People should not be designing products because it is something what they think it is going to sell and they will become rich. If it was so simple, we all would be rich
zubianiko , 05-17-2019, 03:40 AM
Thanks for your reply Robert. I have studied and have certificates and worked as well but I think differently. The real world works differently from too much schooling. I have come to know that the creativity of a person is not quatified by his certificates but the satisfaction of people about the thing he created. You see, family and firends will say it is a good product but the ability to really know if it is, is to sell it. Creativity or design can be only quantified by selling and the ability of people to love your passion (product). You see family and me cannot show if I have been creative but the world. For example I love the courses you put up on Fedevel and I pay for it this it shows your creativity.
I am not after being rich now but to satisfy people by a product. To be rich or the act of wealth creation is another thing all together. Everybody can be rich if they effectivly follow the set principles and laws but the desipline, sacrificies and price tag is what put people back from becoming one. Everybody wants something easy thus only few do the hard stuff Thanks again, it is a hard question as you said but this is what quantifies me if really I have been creative.
Paul van Avesaath , 05-17-2019, 07:24 AM
I really dont see the point of your question.. you first ask for 7 projects that you can do yourself from start to finish after completing your first altium project..and they have to be sellable

we have NO clue of what you capabilities are.. where you are located, what your background is...and what the project was you just finished...

robert give you solid advice on where to look for possible solutions/ideas and you go and talk about how creativity is not defined by a persons certificates (which i agree to btw)
and how you want to show the world that you are creative.. and yet here you are asking is for us to fill in your creativity.. hello...??

you say you love the courses robert has set up and that you are willing to pay for it.. which is great !

but as far as I know robert did not start from scratch by thinking i am going to do this and ask money for it... he started from the passion he has and he believes in sharing his knowledge.
it grew into fedevel academy and he has put in some long hours!!!

Here is my advice:

Take a good look at what your passions are..
and think about that you are probably not the only one out there..
think about how you can better or improve that passion..

not with the mind set of making money..
not with the mind set that the world will tell you you did a good job and how creative you are..or
not with the mind set on how much money people are willing to pay you for your product....

but with the mind set on how it will help you and thus probably others.. share it with the world! show them you proud of it!

yes, it will take your time
yes, it will take a lot of effort
And you will fail, fail again and fail again...

if from a thousend people one will come up to you and say,, hey that was a great idea'' that will help me... that will be your payment..

you state
I am not after being rich now but to satisfy people by a product

why not family first??? (LIKE ROBERT MENTIONED), best motivation ever i would say..

you state:
Everybody can be rich if they effectivly follow the set principles and laws but the desipline, sacrificies and price tag is what put people back from becoming one. Everybody wants something easy thus only few do the hard stuff

so what is your hard stuff..??? were is your hard work????.. what are you willing to sacrifice..???? you are talking like you are doing the hard stuff...

you just completed your first project !! congrats!! excellent work!! keep on going.. but i think you should go in to marketing with your statements.. not engineering..

Paul van Avesaath , 05-17-2019, 07:46 AM
Also why 7?
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?