| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

GPS and GSM Antenna Design

altay , 09-04-2019, 08:13 AM
Hi every one.
I have a project in which I need to design tracking circuit based on GSM and GPS. As the topic title indicates I need to design an antenna for the circuit. Could anyone give me some suggestions, really short references for design without involving in deep technical details? Btw, does Altium Designer has any tool which could help me?
found some stuffs on the net but they are so diverse that I have no idea which one is related an even in which one I can trust in!

Thanks for your responses
Bests.
Kevin Amadiva , 09-09-2019, 05:55 AM
Hi i have previously designed one for GSM after getting some reference online, i embedded it n the PCB (for design see attachment). For the GPS just use a detachable or PCB patch antenna they are in plenty.

Regards
altay , 09-19-2019, 07:08 AM
Thanks bro
Arunprakaash6 , 05-13-2021, 09:42 AM
Hi @Kevin Amadiva Can you share your experience with that antenna. Is that antenna working good? what about efficiency? Please suggest. Also please share the document which describes dimension of the trace.
altay , 05-13-2021, 01:56 PM
@Arunprakaash6 I have used it. It worked very good. However, I switched the antenna to an external antenna (instead of IFA antenna) at the final design. You may use it in stationary things.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?