Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

two pico-imx7d SOM modules died. I don't have RMA. technexion don't talk with me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@robertferanec +robertferanec Here is a schematic photo of the main crystal I am measuring:

Comment

Please, did you make the calculation (about how to setup your scope) which I mentioned in my previous post?

Comment

@robertferanec + robertferanec In the figure this is marking 32.768 KHZ.........32khz egual 0,032mhz x 1.000.000 = 32.000 x 1/x = 0,000 031 25‬.....031 x 10 (because 031 stay in second box = 310µs (microseconds)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa5arXRV0po&t=401s

Last edited by neuberfran; 04-13-2020, 07:28 PM.

Comment

@robertferanec + robertferanec I came to some conclusions by analyzing (regarding) crystals:

In my number response: #10 03-03-2020 06:37AM i talked about pico-imx7d-one and pico-imx7d-two. The one
          have the crystals Y1 - 32K, Y2 - 24MZH e Y4 37MHZ ok. The two have Y1 OK. but Y2 and Y4 not OK.

Comment

Y2 - 24MZH e Y4 37MHZ ok. The two have Y1 OK. but Y2 and Y4 not OK.
            - I just would like to add, please be sure, that your scope can measure 24MHz and 37MHz. Very cheap or slow scopes may not show the correct results.

Comment

@robertferanec +robertferanec

In your answer # 04(and #06) you said: "There is often only 1 pin what you need to toggle to switch on the whole power. However, if your power supply is not switching ON automatically"

How can I find this pin in pmic? datasheet mc32p3000a1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t0F...ew?usp=sharing
              photos -> y3 cristal is on the back of the SOM module

I have a new board pico-imx7d now. For the time being, the only difference in measurements I found was in the two resistors in the highlighted photo. On the new (working) board they measure 0.000 and on the one I'm fixing, they measure 0.378v

Comment

@robertferanec +robertferanec
                I know the issue. The main processor is heating up. I sent a load (4.8v more or less) in VDD_ARM_IN (which supports a maximum of 1.5v). It was during the PMIC measurements (pins 6, 7 and 8). Although the probe was thin, it closed short when the probe was between the pins and involuntarily sent extra power to the main processor.

I need your help in order to command the resolution of the problem. Does a good reballing solve? Or just a ReChip?

Please, look images below:

​​​​​​​

Attached Files

Comment

neuberfran I am not sure how to help. I have already explained everything in my previous posts. Personally I would not be fixing that boards - you do not know what everything is wrong on them (e.g. it can be multiple damaged chips or components).

Comment

robertferanec I'm already sure what the problem is with my boards (the last one spoiled while I measured it). Can you answer me about the reballing or reChip question
                    to finish?
                    I don't have any board working here. I sacrificed my last pico-inx7d (ic main) but I found the damaged one and last board. The ic main stay hot
                    Last edited by neuberfran; 04-21-2020, 10:21 PM.

Comment

@robertferanec I solved two imx7d-pico with reChip/BGA
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3tHZBE56G0&t=5s

Comment

Working...
                      X