| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

jtag and debugging

saeednowroozi , 06-12-2016, 01:45 PM
Hi all
I must debug and test a board (stm32f4 discovery) without simulator and i need how i can read memory data and test pin stm32f407vgt6 with jtag.
read a lot of pdf but i don't understand how jtag can scan chain this ic and debug memory and how i use BSDL file in boundry scan. sorry for poor English.
robertferanec , 06-13-2016, 06:38 AM
@saeednowroozi this is a very specific question. I would probably google for "stm32f4 jtag" to find out what hardware and software could help to debug the chip. But maybe someone from our forum readers already used the board and may be able to help.
saeednowroozi , 06-13-2016, 08:59 AM
think you for reply
I need a method to debug with jtag but i don't any reference about how i can debugging a IC with jtag. all pdf explain how jtag work and test . how I can read a space form internal memory a microcontroller with jtag? in this project I can not use any software or hardware ,in project is for end of the semester for lessen design for test and testability.
robertferanec , 06-14-2016, 05:48 AM
Usually, you don't need to know how JTAG works. You can use a standard software (I am not sure what is used together with stm32f4 .. maybe Keil?), you connect JTAG (recognized by the software) and then you go to "Debug mode". But I don't really know how it works with stm32f4 - this is just my guessing.

Maybe try to google for "stm32f4 keil debug" or something similar: http://www.keil.com/appnotes/files/apnt_261.pdf
saeednowroozi , 06-15-2016, 10:05 AM
I use keil and this software is a power debugger but I told before I do not use software .
robertferanec , 06-15-2016, 12:22 PM
Ah, ok. Then I am not sure
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?