| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

STm32F407 boot pins implementation

fatemehjml , 11-22-2015, 01:42 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to use STM32F407ZET6 for my board. It will be produced in high quantity and connecting to one LCD and camera and... As I checked the hardware design manual, there are 2 pins for memory boot configuration, boot0 and boot1 which should connect to the switch. As I used to use STM32F103 MCU for my last designs, I never take care about these pins, and no problem were happened.

But now I checked all development boards and these pins should be connect to the switch, however there is no switch in application devices which used this MCU? How can I implement these pins in schematic to be more reliable in programming after production.

Regards,
robertferanec , 11-23-2015, 12:07 AM
@fatemehjml I would use two 10k resistors per boot pin. One resistor connected to GND and the other one to VDD_MCU. I would always only fit two resistors (one for BOOT0 and one for BOOT1) - depends on what boot option I would be testing or using. For mass production I would only fit the resistors which are needed for that particular hardware. I hope it helps
fatemehjml , 11-23-2015, 12:42 AM
Thank you very much dear,

According to attached image, I will connect Boot0 to the ground by 10k resistor, and leave Boot1 unconnected. As I always use the MCU for normal use and programming. Is it right?
robertferanec , 11-23-2015, 12:48 AM
If BOOT1 has an internal resistor (pull up/down which defines it's value) and you are sure you are never going to use it, then that could be your solution.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?