| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Logistics

ZeinabK , 08-13-2018, 02:27 PM
How long does it take sending the HW to another country ? Also I understand the price gets decided upon design. But then what happens regarding implementation cost ? And how do you deal with mass production from a price perspective mainly? Also if a frequent client, would you have special rates for him/her ?
robertferanec , 08-14-2018, 05:55 AM
How long does it take sending the HW to another country ?
- Depends what service you use: standard mail (cheapest), FEDEX (more expensive), UPS, DHL (expensive), ... Our packages are usually delivered between 1 day to 3 weeks (again, depends where you are sending it and what service you use).

Also I understand the price gets decided upon design. But then what happens regarding implementation cost ? And how do you deal with mass production from a price perspective mainly? Also if a frequent client, would you have special rates for him/her ?
- I am not sure what you mean. Could you provide more details about your question?
Comments:
ZeinabK, 08-14-2018, 07:36 AM
Hi Robert, So let's assume we have discussed some requirements and accordingly the board design costs X$. Now each time I need to buy that board, the design cost is included or is the design cost only payed once while designing stage and I only pay afterwards for the board implementation/HW. So for example, the board cost X$; 0.4X$ for design and 0.6$ for the implementation.Now if a week later I needed 10 PCBs of that same designed board. Do I pay 0.6X * 10 or X$ * 10 ...?Note: I am sorry if the question seems primitive or there is already some rule for that .. I just haven't really gone through that before. I have only been using development boards/kits but never actually moved to the production step. And now I need, after the design-stage and testing, to have a mass production of that board. So that is why those details matter very much at this point. Thanks a lot Robert.
robertferanec , 08-15-2018, 01:52 AM
Are you asking about FEDEVEL specifically or general? Pricing can be different between different companies, depends what you agree on e.g.
- you can agree on design only (a company will design board based on your specification, you will get manufacturing documentation and you manage production by yourself)
- or for example you can agree on design + manufacturing (in this case, you may pay some money for design or you agree to buy certain number of your custom made boards each year)
ZeinabK , 08-15-2018, 12:11 PM
Thanks Robert. I am asking about FEDEVEL.
robertferanec , 08-16-2018, 01:22 AM
- About manufacturing & selling boards: FEDEVEL doesn't manufacture nor sell boards. All our boards are manufactured through VOIPAC.
- About board design: It is very difficult with our time. We are booked out 10 months ahead and can not take any new custom projects
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?