Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robertferanec
    replied
    Once, someone wanted to help us with SATA for OpenRex, He has never finish it, but it can give you an idea how to do it. Here are the files: https://github.com/hemalchevli/openrex-hdd-add-on

PS: You may not be able to mount anything under CPU as there will be probably components (unless you find a stand off solution - but still as Paul van Avesaath mentioned, you need to be careful about heat dissipation).

PSS: There are also different solutions, e.g. have a look here: https://www.imx6rex.com/2017/09/sata...or-rex-boards/

3D PDF is in attachment, here is screenshot from the 3D pdf:

Click image for larger version

Name:	mounting hdd.png
Views:	1117
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	10889

Leave a comment:

• Lakshmi
    replied
    Rather you could use a connector SATA Connector and connect your SSD.
    SATA has 7 Data Pins and 15 Power Pins. Check SATA Version before using.

Leave a comment:

• Paul van Avesaath
    replied
    yes there is a guidline out there.. just google for 2.5" ssd mounting holes.. there should be a lot of info on google...
    just put holes in the pcb.. and screw it down.. there should be some cages i guess.. but most of the time they just bolt them down on the pcb.
    if you want a bracket for it.. best thing to do is buy them and make them work with your design..

i would not reccommend putting a ssd on the bottom side of the CPU.. the heat dissipation of a CPU can cause issues.. not for the ssd mind you but more for the CPU..

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• altay
    started a topic SATA hard drive on PCB

SATA hard drive on PCB

Hi,
    I have to add a 2.5" SATA hard disk to my circuit. I have two questions:

1- How to mount the HDD to my PCB? Is there any standard cage for mounting SATA disk on PCB?

2- is it safe or good to mount the disk just under the CPU or micro chip?

Thanks

Working...
X