| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Component Symbol. Supplier Part Number. Tape/Reel or Cut-Tape

mnpebm , 08-15-2019, 09:10 AM
Hello all.

For those who use a separate component symbol for each purchased part, and for those using Digi-Key (maybe others??)

Do you use the Digi-Key cut-tape part number or Digi-Key tape/reel part number and why?
I realize the manufacturer's part number is most likely the same in both cases.

Thanks.
Paul van Avesaath , 08-15-2019, 11:44 PM
for me I only use the cut tape number or single item purchase numbers... this way if a fab house can choose itself.. besides that I realy like just saying to a fab for all passives just use your preffered supplier as long as specs are the same.. that is better for you (better price) and better for them (better price breaks and less storage of similar components)
robertferanec , 08-16-2019, 09:10 AM
I use cut-tape default - I can be then sure I can buy it in 1 piece for prototypes. (not all components in reels can be bought in 1 piece)

For mass production, the purchaser knows what to order (for small quantities they still may buy cut tapes, but they need to add more components so it is possible to place the tape into machine, but generally they go for reels or traces ... depends on price of the component e.g. if component is very expensive they may go for Digikey reel or cut tape and only buy the number of components they need).
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?